NEWS (INVESTIGATOR'S NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO MAINTAIN ANONYMITY)
June 3, 2013 - Miracle of missionary life
Woah.. This week has been great! :) It was so awesome to get to see papi and ati this week! :) the packages I received from everyone is sure making things much easier. Je vous aime beaucoup! Also, thank you so much for the letters and e-mails this week, they are such a motivation and strength to me each and every time. It's such a refresher to get to hear about what's going on outside of our little missionary bubble called the MTC. Anyway.. Things that happened this week:
- Elder herring and I started teaching Eloise and Francis. It's been so awesome and challenging now trying to juggle two very different investigators. I can't imagine what it will be like when there's like 7. That'll be so fun! I really do love these two investigators. Francis is protestant and has a real love for heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. So that makes it very easy to teach him. He has been very willing to keep the commitments and has enjoyed reading the Book of Mormon. We are teaching him about repentance tomorrow! Eloise on the other hand, doesn't follow through on commitments We taught the restoration and she felt the spirit and loved the beautiful story about Joseph smith, but she doesn't see the connection between our commitments and how it's going to change her life. It is remarkable how simply doing the little things we're supposed to do, lives are completely changed! I hope you all have read your scriptures today!
- Our district (and our entire zone actually) has been getting sick this week, so I've had lots of opportunities to give blessings. I absolutely love being a part of God's miracles on earth. It is so humbling and rewarding. Really a great way to just destress and help others.
- One of the blessings we gave this week was a little bit different though... Elder Brockbank's family back home has been going through some scary things, (with his little sister maybe needing a bone-marrow transplant at age 13 which apparently could make her become infertile the rest of her life).. It's been so incredibly hard on Elder Brockbank because he doesn't even know really what 's going on yet. Apparently the family doesn't either yet.. it's just so hard on him. apparently she spoke at his farewell (which was also on mothers day) and gave a talk about how excited she is to be a mom, but all this very well could take that opportunity away from her. We've given him blessings, and prayed a ton, and fasted, and prayed in the temple and put her on the prayer role. And I believe everything will work out ok. The Lord hears our prayers, and he grants us the righteous desires of our hearts. .But we always need to keep in mind that often his will is to teach us some other powerful lessons.. We'll just keep them in our prayers..
- Also, Elder herring is pretty dumb sometimes. and by that, I mean he does some ridiculous things.. apparently before his mission, he pepper sprayed himself in the eyes just to know what it felt like. Well.. this week, he decided to see if he could put an entire piece of pizza in his mouth, and chew his way through it. well.. needless to say, We ended up giving him the Heimlich maneuver, I'm just so glad he's alive.. I wasn't sure how i'd write home that my companion choked to death.. I TOLD HIM NOT TO DO IT THOUGH!
- Yesterday was fast and testimony meeting, so we got to bear our testimonies. (I played the piano in sacrament, and blessed the sacrament in French) I loved hearing the testimonies of my amazing french branch! That little room of missionaries is going to completely change the world. Each of their stories are so powerful and unique. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the room.
-Also last night I got to watch Elder Bednar's MTC talk entitled the Character of Christ. I don't know if you can look it up on LDS.org.. But if you can. I highly suggest it. It changed my life.
Well.. Again, I'll probably get on again tonight for the second half of my time, so If you can/want to e-mail me with questions, comments, etc. I'll get on tonight!
I love you! I'm doing well. I'm loving this! I already can tell that I'm changing so much! I pray for you always! :)
Also... sorry this e-mail is short. The keyboard i'm on is very broken, and the space bar gets jammed.. So.. It's taking me forever to type, but all the other computers are taken.. I'll use a better one tonight! Love you!